Saturday, February 15, 2014

Starting with a Blank Slate

Most people talk about New Year's resolutions and how successful and productive they will be and all the transformations they will make throughout the year. We all know how well those last, and most of us, myself included, will be over with those resolutions after a few weeks. We believe we tried enough for one year and wait the rest of the time through before making new resolutions the next year. I fell into this vicious cycle and for as long as I could remember, I wanted to be skinny and attractive, like all the other kids at my school. Growing up, I was the lonely, chubby kid that people would only play with out of pity. After years of trying to lose the weight and failing, I finally decided to make an actual change and lost almost thirty pounds. I was able to keep it all off for a good six months before the holidays hit and I gained it all back. My motivation and self esteem took a huge hit. It was time for something different.

The idea for this blog is certainly not a new one of mine, in fact, I had come up with it several years ago and had wanted to follow through with it, but never had the drive to do so. But only now, with my vain desire to prove everyone wrong, has this blog come to life. Over the next few years I will  transform myself into a superficial man that lives up to society's standards. The perfect hair, the perfectly straight and white teeth, the body, the skin, the tan, everything. With support from family, friends, and fellow bloggers, I will own this and become fabulous. Hopefully it all goes well.

With love and regards,
Kyle

1 comment: